July 10, 2011

A Summer Sunday

I'm not a morning person, but this morning the birds woke me up at 4:30 AM. Boy, can they be loud at that time of the morning. Now that the sun is fully up, It's a perfect New Hampshire Summer morning, in the 70's with bright sun, a slight breeze and I enjoyed a cup of coffee sitting on the edge of the deck this morning.

The common orange day lilies that I transplanted a couple of years ago have decided to put on a spectacular show this Summer. They are almost as tall as I am this year.



We're going to sort of play hooky today, go for a Sunday drive and enjoy some scenery. The real reason for getting out is to go look at a replacement for our little trailer that got crunched on the trip East this year. It really became a total disaster (kindling?) after the big propane truck practically backed over it a couple of weeks ago. Do you know how hard it is to turn up a small enclosed trailer that a Honda Element can easily tow in this land of snowmobiles, motorcycles and chainsaws.... ?



In between yard, getting a kitchen counter installed, and having half a kitchen piled in my studio, I've been doing a bit of bead embroidery. Small scale bead embroidery is quick and also instant gratification. I started beading with this technique and still enjoy the freedom of letting a design just flow. It's so different from bead crochet, where everything is planned out before you ever even pick up a hook.


Enjoy your Summer Sunday, where ever you might be. May it be as nice as it is here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... this little guy is SO wonderful!!!!!!!!
    Peg Montieth www.CraftEdu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady... teach us this ! :D
    Peg Montieth www.craftedu.com

    ReplyDelete