February 6, 2006

Bead Day in Tombstone

Bead Show Find:
While poking around in one of the African ethnic booths, we found this great necklace. I bought one for myself as it was in my favorite color. The beads are quite irregular and thread shows everywhere, but what a great simple collar. Bev Herman later regretted that she didn't get one for herself. So what does a beader do? Look at it and make your own! Using Czech size 8/0 & 6/0 beads, Bev created her own version with that bit of No Easy Beads flourish. This is what she worked on in the evenings after the shows and during our Bead Day. It's going to be fantastic looking when she's done.

.

Tombstone Bead Day:
I was told that if you do it once, it becomes an annual event! Thus several of us got together on Saturday for the (ahem) Annual Tombstone Bead Day in my studio. From left to right is, CA, Cassandra, Nancy, Judith, Electa, Helen & Bev took the photo. Let's see, we came from Louisiana, Ohio, Arizona, and New Hampshire. It was a creative time with people looking at beads, kits and finished beadwork. Then we got out our beads and beaded.


What Creative People can do with a single design:
I have a bracelet pattern that I call "The Other Caterpillar", as being different from my bead crocheted "Flat Caterpillar" bracelet. These are my two examples of what you can do in different sizes. I presented the design to the Bead Day participants and sat back to see what creative beaders could do with it. As usual, they were all different and all beautiful.

Electa's Bracelet
.


CA's Bracelet
.
.
.
.
.

Helen's Bracelet
.
.
.
.
.

Nancy's Bracelet


.
.


We all enjoyed ourselves, had fun looking at beads, beadwork, and catching up on beading gossip. Another Tucson Show season is over, at least for me. The shows will continue on through the 13th of Feb. Bev left to drive back to New Orleans on Sunday and I sat on my back porch in the sun, put my feet up and read a trashy novel. How nice to sit still and take a day off. Now life can go back to normal, or at least to the hectiness that I call normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment