May 19, 2007

Count Down ~ AZ to NH

There is only a week left before the car gets packed and I start on the 4,000 mile, 3 week journey to my NH Summer place. I may, or may not have access to computers along the way, so don't look for anything more from me til Mid June.

Beading Projects
The other day someone asked me if I concentrated on a single bead project, or had more than one in the works. I did a quick inventory of what's started. It's also a good way to figure out what to pack near the top for working on as I travel.
.
My finger woven bracelet is still in the same place it was a month ago. Not something that is really very portable.
.
.
.
.
I recently collected all of the pieces for a bead embroidered motorcycle cap that will be a gift for a friend. I had planned on doing a flame peyote headband, but haven't liked the way it was going and ripped it out several times. Another one that will get packed for later.
.
I've had this broad collar started for about 6 months and it seems to be stalled. Making multiple peyote strips is boring and somehow it keeps drifting to the bottom of the list. Might be a good travel project as it has a limited amount of beads to spill.
.
Then there is always bead crochet ...... As long as I get the beads strung, it's perfect travel beading. I really don't have a specific project started, but do have a lot of new designs I want to try out.
.

I completed my Louisiana swamp bracelet some time ago and started a matching free form necklace. This has been my "pick up & go" winter project. Everything is in a box and if I'm going to bead with friends, I can just grab the box, go and work on it. I think this one has to go to the very top of the list as I have a dinner event I have to attend in Illinois and this set would work perfectly with a long linen dress I am planning on wearing.

To answer the original question - I always have multiple beading projects waiting to be worked on. I never know what will suit my mood of the time. Also, I've just added another project to the list, Robin Adkin's 2007 Bead Journal Project. This is in the planning stage and will be ongoing for a year.
.
.
Note: my trip East, this year, will go from Tombstone AZ to Phoenix & Payson AZ, southern Utah, through a piece of Colorado, Albuquerque NM, Gilmer TX, Memphis TN, Blommington & Urbana IL, Bluffton OH, along the bottom of the Great Lakes and end in Antrim NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment