January 15, 2009

SMoCA

.....also known as the "Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art".



.
In the "Flip a Strip" exhibit, honorable mentions included: Avery Architecture & Design of Chicago, Illinois for a proposal titled The Genetically Modified Strip. The Project Design Team features Richard Avery & Wendy Avery in partnership with the design firm giffin’termeer [Jess Giffin, Jim TerMeer]. Jess Giffin is my daughter and I had to make a trip up to Phoenix to see the exhibit. I'm very proud of what she has done in the design and art field.



.
.
.






.
I also took the time to look at the "radical lace & subversive knitting" exhibit. What fun! I wish I could have taken all of my knitting friends along for the visit. This knitted skin was worth a good chuckle.





.
.
.
I'm just sorry that they only had the video of knitting with backhoes.





Some of the other pieces were rather fantastic and left you wondering, "just how did they do that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment