January 26, 2009

This 'n That - no Beads!



On New Year's Day we took a drive. Part of the drive was over the Bisbee Border Rd. Yes, that's the fence along the Mexican border. The only neat thing about it is the shadow it throws down the dirt road. I offer up this photo as just a great graphic.


.
.

I've had a hummingbird feeder out for about 2 weeks now. My neighbor has hummingbirds - I don't .... I have woodpeckers! I didn't know that woodpeckers were nectar feeders, but it's a hoot watching this male eye the feeder, figuring how to land on it, and then clinging almost upside down to get a drink.


.
.

My creative projects have just gotten a lot larger. I finally own a home in NH. It needs a lot of work and it's frustrating to be here in Arizona, trying to make plans for the Spring. Right now it's in cold storage, under a blanket of ice and snow. After 8 years of a small apartment over my Son's garage, it's time to move into my own quarters. The apartment was a welcome haven and a Godsend after my husband's sudden death, but it's time to start over somewhere else. What I will miss is having my G'daughter just bop in at odd times with, "I've come to visit for awhile Grandma."


Here in Arizona I've been working on enclosing a small back porch (maybe it could have been called a ramada). It had peeled pine logs holding up the roof and a dilapidated wood platform for a floor. The logs had rotted off at ground level and the sorta-wood deck harbored mold and critters.
Now it has a poured concrete floor and the walls are almost up. I've painted the new-old window the same color as the door so my neighbor (who liked the view) will have something similar to look at from her deck. I've a pile of weathered boards for the outside so it will look like it's been there as long as the 1800's adobe portion of the house. I'm ready for my part of the project; colors
and painting - this re-building part is taking too long.
Now I need to refocus and get ready for the Tucson Gem shows. Last report I heard, there was 40+ individual shows throughout the city. I'm not going to do any book signings this year, and will only spend 3 days at the shows. I don't really need anything other than to go see what's new and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment