September 24, 2009

Bead Crochet Ropes Book

My first bead crochet book, published in 2002 is going out of print. I have less than 50 copies remaining and the quote I got to reprint it was prohibitive. I'm left with sort of an empty nest feeling.

This book was self-published when there was little or no information on bead crochet as a technique. I've sold about 16,000 copies of it. It may not have reached the end of it's usefulness as it's still been selling, but I can not afford to have it reprinted and keep the retail price the same. For a 20 page, softcover book even I wouldn't pay more than $25 for it.

Bead Patterns, Amazon & Helby have some copies left (as do I).... if you still want a copy.
When these copies are gone - it's done and you'll have to search eBay or Amazon for, probably, overpriced copies.
Many have asked if there would ever be a 3rd book. At this point I really don't know. I need to finish this danged house so I can go back to creative work. I'll need to think things through this winter and see what I want to do next.
Turning 65 is sort of a milestone and I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up. I've been a daughter, sister, student, wife, mother, linguist, telephone pole counter, graphic artist, Q.C. inspector/manager, plant maintenance manager, press operator, materials manager, warehouse supervisor, MG restorer, bookkeeper, office manager, house restorer, quilter, costume designer, knitter, beader, teacher, publisher .... and that hits just the high points. Guess I'd better hurry up and figure out the next direction to head.

1 comment:

  1. Dianne1:53 PM

    It would be a shame to see your book go out-of-print. Have you thought about printing-on-demand?

    http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/pod/

    Check out Lulu.com: http://www.lulu.com/en/help/how_much_will_my_printed_book_cost

    ReplyDelete