July 9, 2009

Pattern & Color

This moth was waiting for me in the bathroom this morning.... What a beautiful pattern and colors. It reminds me of painted velvet. I never thought of using those colors together and will have to try it for a freeform bracelet sometime. I can see the blue fans running throughout the bracelet.




On the house front... I've been working on walls as it's been almost non-stop rain here in New Hampshire. I'm still having fun finding out what previous owners did. The Master bedroom yielded 3 layers of wall paper. The original green sprigged paper isn't too bad. I don't care for wall paper so it'll all come off, the walls patched and then painted.
.
.
.
One of the back bedrooms is almost all painted. I was sort of surprised at how the colors played off of each other. Three walls are a soft gray and the back wall another color. I first tried the mustard color and really didn't like it with the blue and gray. I think the soft sage green will work as the windows on that wall will overlook lots of dark green leaves in the summer and fall colors just before we leave for Arizona.
I should have known I'd get color reflections as I use bead colors in combinations that play off of each other all the time. Not only colors, but finishes.
.
.
We're supposed to have two days without rain, or at least a small chance of rain. That means I can get back outside and maybe get a little bit more done in the yard. I still have Iris and day lilies to move so that digging contractors don't kill them. I'm gradually cutting back brush to a yard line that is easy to care for and pleasing to the eye. It's fun to have my hands in the garden dirt again.

1 comment:

  1. That moth is stunning! I'm seeing a knitted shawl with a scalloped design for the border...

    Thought about you yesterday - Bill and I drove up 202 to meet another rat foster. I found myself wondering how the house was going.

    ReplyDelete