January 4, 2010

Back to Work

I love the sunset display that goes on outside my Arizona studio window. Tonight's wasn't as spectacular as they can be, but nice enough.

I spent the weekend doing a New Year clean out. Now I have to make a run to the thrift store and drop the piles off. Makes me feel like it's a clean start to the new year.

My web site is back open for Book, DVD and CD sales. I found a few more copies of the out-of-print, "Bead Crochet Ropes" book. I have about 20 copies left and after those are gone it will only be available as an e-book. Amazon is sold out, but Rita Sova has half a dozen copies and Judy Kintner has a few copies.

Today I went back to work ... bead work. I am playing with this bead crochet rope design. I need to do an article for a German Magazine as well as the Bead Patterns magazine. The technique is new and different and by March I want to have enough done to do an e-booklet of patterns. It's got some awesome possibilities with the expanded design space.
.
.
So I got some designs done & printed out. It will be fun to start pulling more beads for possible color combinations. I'm also thinking I may get some interesting effects by using daggers on one side and a smaller edge bead on the other side. I wonder how much of a difference in bead sizes it will take to make a natural curve.
I'm going to feel much better once my work table starts to have messy piles of beads on it. I really can't seem to function with a neat creative work space. Half the fun of any bead project is pulling beads and finding things that are possibilities. I seem to start out with at least three times the needed materials.
So, it's back to work .......

No comments:

Post a Comment