January 7, 2010

Missing Beads

When you have about 300# of beads you would think that a person would have what they needed. It isn't always so....


I have gold Delicas, several shades in fact. However, what I wanted to use was a bright gold and the other shades just wouldn't give me the rich, royal zig-zag combination I could see in my mind's eye. Can you see this with a center stripe of gold, banded with matte cobalt, triangles of a glitzy green and a deep metallic red reverse? Oh yes, and cobalt drops to edge it with.

That meant a shopping trip to Tucson. Doesn't everyone think of making a 70 mile trip just to buy beads? OK, OK ..... other things had crept onto a Tucson list and we combined a shopping day in the big city with lunch with Judy Kintner, the Bead Spinner Lady. Let's see, we went for beads, brown mustard seed, Dutch Cocoa, metal shelves, drill press, and some thrift store shopping.
.
.
Now I also know where the Cell Tree farm is.
.
.
.
While wandering around the industrial section below the Air Base we came around a corner and found where they grow those ridiculous cell tower trees. Had a good laugh and wondered where these were going to go. Looks like they are intended to be palm trees. I hope I don't see a palm tree cell tower in Arizona as the pine tree one in Sierra Vista sticks out like a sore thumb.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:33 PM

    I am looking for the pattern for a rope necklace with a rose crocheted on it. the wisteria lariat is very simular but not quite it. can you help me find it maybe it is in one of your books with I am having a bit of trouble finding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might try
    http://www.bead-patterns.com/shop/shop.php?method=itemnumber&keywords=133
    it has a rose pattern

    ReplyDelete