August 9, 2009

Workshops in Fall River

Turquoise-String Beads - October 8, 9, 10, 2009
I've agreed to come out of bead hibernation this Fall and teach a couple of bead crochet workshops in the beautiful mill town of Fall River Mass. Nancy Valentine has a beautiful shop and one of the best spaces for workshops that I know of.
.
I haven't taught beginning bead crochet for a couple of years, but had my arm royally twisted to do so.
.

In addition to the basics, I'm doing an exclusive, experimental bead crochet workshop for a group of people who have taken my advanced workshops for several years now. This is a new technique, based on the flat caterpillar design that will allow one to have more canvas on one side for patterns.
.
.
I know it will work but have not had time to explore it fully. Together we will probably figure out what will not work and it will be an exercise in creativity.
.
Teaching is one of the things that I most enjoy about beadwork and it will feel good to interact with the great bunch of people in Fall River again.

No comments:

Post a Comment