October 21, 2009

School slate


Progress on the house - of sorts!

I've had this old Wilton school house slate blackboard forever. The only place to put it was in the hall. As the ice-box goes on that yellow wall I'm thinking grocery lists. My Granddaughter loves to draw on it and has finally learned to make lines around my lists and only draw in the empty spaces.

Just the trim left to paint in kitchen and hall.











Sink in the dining room? Well it's somewhat of a step in the right direction. I've had this sink for over 20 years and it's been outside of a shed in the woods most of that time. All summer it's been outside on the stand, upside down in the sun to take the bow and twist out of it.

Hey, it cleaned up better than I thought with just a couple of chips.

That dining room wall paper is the next thing to go away. I've been procrastinating as it's going to take a lot of work to get the walls paintable. It's vinal and was put directly on the wallboard. When it comes off it pulls the backing paper with it in splotches. I'm going to have to plaster skim coat most of the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment