April 4, 2010

Happy Easter & new workshops

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. I have only one decorative egg in the house, an ostrich egg ..... stopped at Rooster Cogburn's ostrich farm north of Tucson and couldn't resist having one of these extra large egg shells. I don't think I'll decorate it as it's interesting in it's natural state. They say one of these eggs is equal to 2 doz. chicken eggs - what an omelet!
This is a bracelet base workshop that I'm working on right now. My next step will be to add a sequin fringe to the entire top of it. I can see this hedge-hoggy sequin top and I hope it comes out remotely like what I see in my mind's eye. This will be just one of the classes I will have up on CraftEdu in the near future.
.
.
I've been asked to join the faculty at CraftEdu which will be presenting on-line workshops. So I've been quite busy learning a new platform, how to use a microphone and talking people through the steps of making different beadwork projects. Donna Kato has a great idea and I really like the platform and interface. Check out the CraftEdu blog and see the great group of teachers that she has pulled together. It's not live yet and all of us are scrambling to get up enough classes to make the launch worthwhile.
.
.
Teaching has always been one of my favorite things. I enjoy the interaction with students and being able to pass on things that I have learned. However, the travel has become wearisome. This is an opportunity to continue teaching, but from my studio desk. Check out the faculty and sign up to be be informed when it all goes live. There will be some great opportunities to learn a lot of different things from a bunch of really great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment