April 12, 2010

Sparkle Pretties

This time of year in Arizona I get direct early sun on my desk for about half an hour. The sparkle from my current project is just beautiful. ....and bright enough to almost need sunglasses. It's not easy to capture with my digital camera, but I think you can get an idea.



I'm working with Toho permanent finish galvanized beads. So far they have been quite satisfying. I've always lamented the fact that I liked Galvanized, but the finish was gone almost before I finished a piece. So far these beads have lived up to their reputation for having a permanent finish.


Toho makes a 3-cut size 8/0 silver galvanized that has some significant bling to them. I just got some that I've yet to try out. As soon as I finish my Sequin Shag bracelet project for a CraftEdu workshop I want to do this base bracelet in the silver cuts as a watch band.
.
.
.
For years I've promised myself a beaded watch. Look at the very last two tubes on the right for to see the nice color of the silver cuts. A plain square watch face with the plain beaded watch band in silver cuts would be useful and very elegant.
.
.
Some days the ideas outweigh the time to do them all. After all, it's only been around 15 years that I've wanted a beaded watch for myself.
.
.
Has anyone tried Miyuki's permanent finish Galvanized seed beads?

3 comments:

  1. YUP, That sun of ours can be downright "blinding" at times. Didn't even know Miyuki made a permanent finish galvanized yet.
    If you get out to the PIMA COUNTY FAIR between April 15 & 25, I should be demonstrating beadwork at Old Pueblo Hall every day from opening till about 4 or 5 pm...wanna volunteer to demo...LOL!! I show your books so I am sure you get some sales off it. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some from Caravan, but I haven't had time to string them yet. In appearance they look just like their Toho counterpart, no surprise. Barry at Caravan says that his daughter made a bracelet with the Miyuki beads last November and has been wearing it since, and that they see no degradation.

    I love the new Toho purple perm galvanized beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have a hard time picking a favorite.....

    ReplyDelete