January 10, 2012

Native Stripes - Design & Colors

The Native Stripes String-Along has started off with the usual agonizing over colors. I specified a bead soup mix for the background, never thinking that it would cause that much thinking and swatching to get something pleasing. However, the results so far have been, "why didn't I think of that?"


I'm working on the third section and not having a peaceful time of it. So far I've discarded three patterns for various reasons. I'd better settle on something right quick as the participants are going to want their new section by Sunday. The fish are the latest, "nope won't work", pattern, so back to the drawing board one more time.


Sandi is using a mix like my Czech mix, but went for the more uniform Japanese seed beads.









Toni came up with a bead soup in only 2 colors that I really like. I think the final piece will have quite an elegant Folk Art look to it.




Terri has completed the first two sections. Here is another bead soup solution I wish I'd thought of. Take a whole tube of a background color and add just a cap full of each of the other colors. It reminds me of some of the nice old tweed fabrics with their flecks of color here and there.



Now I need to get back to the drawing board and settle on the third section so I can get it strung and crocheted before the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment