June 12, 2012
* it didn't rise... it was flat as a pancake and sort of like two dry cracker
* I set it aside to make coffee. Next thing I know all of the cake crumbs ran
off the plate.
* danged sugar ants are going to drive me crazy in the kitchen, no matter what
I do to get rid of them.
* so I set the plate out on the deck and made my coffee - boy did I need a
cup of coffee!
* Later I went to get the cake plate and there was a red squirrel sitting in the
middle of the plate, happily munching away. Surprised the chipmunks didn't
find it first.
The remains have now gone to feed my compost pile. The way things have been going in the kitchen lately, I think I may just have to retire as a cook.