February 18, 2007

Bead Crochet Sampler Ropes

Many bead crocheters have mentioned that they have problems starting a slip-stitch rope. There are days that I have that problem myself.






One way I get around the
starting problem when I'm trying out new patterns is to use a sampler rope. I have several in different number-around and bead sizes. I simply string about 12" of a new pattern, add the thread into an existing sampler rope and crochet the test pattern.


Some of my sampler ropes end up being unusual enough to turn into a lariat or necklace. They are truly one-of-a-kind pieces.

See my next post for the story of the grass snake pattern evolution - and it does not even end up being a snake pattern!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    What a simple "why didn't I think of that" I idea.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean an existing sampler rope no comprendo???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep several "sampler ropes" going that I add onto when I want to try out a different or new PATTERN.

      Delete