August 22, 2007

Bead Journal Update

One quarter of a year
Three pages in various stages of completion
The messy beader syndrome strikes again!

My Bead Journal tray needs sorting out - big time. I need to attach the card to the back and finish the edges on June's page. But that will wait til I get done with August's piece as I am still thinking through how I will display all 12 pieces. I still like the idea of a linear format. Just have to keep the weight in mind.

July's page is about half done and August's page is roughed out. One of these days I'm going to learn to finish one thing completely before starting another. Do you think that will ever happen?

July's bug has been beaded and cut out. I've glued the beadwork to an Etal backing and will bead the legs onto that in size 15/0 beads. It's going to be hard for me to leave the backing unbeaded, but that is what I'm going to do. I'm thinking this page will have a chain rope with wire wrapped flower bead charms down the length. I like the simplicity of this page in contrast to the complexity of June's Travel page.

I have August's page roughed out and spent an evening playing with glitter nail polish on the backs of old watch crystals to use as a cabochon. Once I get my bug semi-finished, I'll post more of an explanation of the meaning behind the August page and my plans for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment